Over the past few years you’ve probably heard about authors who have been punished by the progressive sci-fi “community” for not toeing the line on various political issues. From Sarah Hoyt, who was accused of racism and “internalized misogyny” for her association with the Sad Puppies campaign to reform the Hugo Awards, to Nick Cole, who lost a publishing contract for daring to write a story about an artificially intelligent computer who is troubled by abortion, these authors have faced smear campaigns, boycotts and blacklisting for the sin of having unpopular opinions.
Far from being discouraged by the social justice crybullies, however, these authors have thrived by continuing to focus on writing great stories that connect with readers. And now several of them are teaming up to help spread the word about each other’s books.
The real winner in all this is you, the avid sci-fi reader. We’re holding a huge giveaway and giving away seven kickass sci-fi titles just for entering. In addition, three winners will each receive seven MORE books.
Just for entering, you’ll get:
- Brother, Frank by Michael Bunker
- The Red King by Nick Cole
- Darkship Thieves by Sarah A. Hoyt
- The Yanthus Prime Job by Robert Kroese
- The Darkness by W.J. Lundy
- Nethereal by Brian Niemeier
- Freehold by Michael Z. Williamson
Three lucky winners will also receive:
- Wick by Michael Bunker
- Ctrl+Alt+Revolt by Nick Cole
- Darkship Revenge by Sarah A. Hoyt
- Starship Grifters by Robert Kroese
- The Shadows by W.J. Lundy
- Souldancer by Brian Niemeier
- Better to Beg Forgiveness by Michael Z. Williamson
If you’re tired of social justice warriors taking all the fun out of sci-fi–or if you just want to read some great stories–you owe it to yourself to enter the Wrongthink Sci-Fi Giveaway!